Thursday, January 2, 2014

Repentance and Resolutions

First of all, let's just accept the fact that I am a HORRIBLE blogger. It has been almost three years since my last post to this blog. I am also pitiful at keeping in touch through correspondence (snail mail and email), and we won't even begin to mention keeping up with household chores. About the only thing I seem to be able to keep up with is reading (which should lend itself well with maintaining a blog about reading). Okay, that is it for the repentance part of this post. Now on to the resolutions.

At our school, the teachers work with their students to set reading goals for each grading period, and I work with our students to help them choose books that they will enjoy that will also help them meet their goals. While awaiting the arrival of the new year, I decided to practice what I preach at school and set a reading goal for myself. I always tell my teachers to encourage their students to set goals that they know they will be able to obtain, but that will require effort to meet. With that in mind, I set for myself a goal of reading 50 books which is a little less than a book a week. I am a dedicated reader, but I'm not the fastest reader, so I thought 50 is a manageable number that can be raised if I reach it. So, my New Year's Resolution was to set a reading goal and meet that goal. Then I said to myself, "I have a reading blog, so why not up the resolution to include the blog." So, my new New Year's Resolution is to read and blog about 50 books. Most of them will be from my school's library, but I'll throw some YA and Adult fiction in along the way. Hopefully there will be at least a post a week, and posts will mostly be short summaries with my review of the books with the thought that some of my students (or other readers) will find reading inspiration from my posts.

Okay, now that I have my resolution established, I best get off this computer and get back to reading so I will have something to write about.


No comments:

Post a Comment