Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cleaning vs. Reading

So much cleaning that needs to be done, but so many books that need to be read! I have closets and cabinets at home that are in desperate need of a good spring cleaning, but there are lots of books sitting on the shelves that I really want to read but haven't gotten a chance to read yet.

Hmmm...what to do? Let's weigh out the two options...

Cleaning
Cleaning is hard manual labor.
Cleaning makes me get all sweaty and dirty.
Cleaning makes me sneeze from all the stirred-up dust.
Cleaning isn't fun.

Reading
Reading can be hard mental work, but not much physical labor is required (unless it is a REALLY BIG book).
Reading involves no sweating or getting dirty (unless you are reading while lying on a beach towel at the beach).
Reading does not make me sneeze (even though I have been known to get an itchy nose when reading really OLD books).
Reading is LOTS of fun!!!

Hmmm....

After thoroughly examining the two options, I think I will be spending some time reading over the spring break. I will try to work in a little cleaning between chapters, just to say I did my spring cleaning. Here are some of the books I hope to get a chance to read over the break.

Magyk (Septimus Heap Book One) by Angie Sage
Green by Tedd Dekker
Among the Brave by Margaret Peterson Haddix
The Crossbones by Patrick Carman
The Raven by Patrick Carman
Trackers by Patrick Carman
This Book Is Not Good for You by Pseudonymous Bosch
This Isn't What it Looks Like by Pseudonymous Bosch
Dragon's Keep by Janet Lee Carey

Those are some of the ones I want to try to read, we'll have to see how many I get through. Will update you on my progress after spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment